What better way to jump into Fall and anticipate Halloween then with some delicious not-so-scary Classic Monster Cookies?! I was first introduced to these my first time meeting my husband’s parents. Ever since, this has been my addiction cookie. Creamy peanut butter packed with chocolate chips and M&Ms…need I say more? These delicious little cookies also have heart healthy oatmeal in them, so I like to think that they are nutritious in their own delicious, cookie way. J The first time I made these on my own we decided to substitute in peanut butter chocolate chips for the milk chocolate kind. Much too peanut buttery in my opinion, so we have stuck with this classic recipe ever since. A good way to make these a little easier is to use the mini M&Ms instead of the full sized. They help especially when scooping the dough onto your pan before baking. I love making these small cookies, but my husband argues the bigger the cookie the better. So, either way, Classic Monster cookies rock!!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 5 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M’s
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together eggs and vanilla and melted butter and set aside
- In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, & baking soda and add in egg mixture and mix well. Next, add in the peanut butter until mixed well.
- Gradually add in the oatmeal until well mixed.
- Mix in M&Ms and chocolate chips until evenly distributed
- On a greased baking sheet, using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out dough and then flatten a little. Keep them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes (Do not over bake!) Makes 4 -6 dozen.
The Fresh Fridge Tip: Watch out when you are adding in the M&Ms and don’t use too many or else they have a hard time sticking together in little cookie balls for the oven. And definitely try these with a fresh, cold glass of milk or a nice cup of tea. Delicious!