Notice: Undefined variable: content_end in /home/thefret3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-adsense-and-ypn/all-in-one-adsense-and-ypn.php on line 666
Love. There are so many expressions of that warmly felt feeling – poetry, flowers, cheesy movies, dinner dates, and a delicious overabundance of chocolate.
But, love in our household means just one thing when it comes to food…bacon.
Delicious crispy, thick, marbleized bacon.
So, it may come as a surprise that I personally do not like bacon. At all. In fact, I wasn’t even sure where to find it in our local grocery store. It took me 10 minutes to find!
But, when I (strangely enough) dreamed about these Maple Bacon Cupcakes, I knew that was what my Valentine’s Gift to my husband had to be. He was so excited when I told him about it he asked me about it all week. And then as the bacon started to cook he was sneaking in and expectantly waiting for a taste as if it were Christmas morning. Delicious Bacon-y love.
And..Oh my! I think I could have found my love for bacon yet!
These maple infused cupcakes are like a delicious breakfast treat all in one. With the salty sweet combo and the rich maple flavor, topped with the buttery maple frosting these cupcakes were so addicting.
I searched all over for a great Maple cupcake recipe. But, I found that many of them came out too sweet and added lots of sugar. So, for this version I modified the amounts of maple syrup (man, syrup can get expensive!) to create a light tasting maple flavor that accentuated the batter with frosting. So yummy! So, I hope you enjoy these and share the bacon love!
Maple Cupcake Batter:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 stick (8 tbsp.) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted confectioner’s sugar
- Garnish: Fully cooked bacon, cut into 1″ pieces or crumbled
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ginger. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar together using a mixer set on medium speed in a large bowl until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, syrup, and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture by thirds, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Fill 18 lined muffin cups and bake until a tester comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- For Frosting: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add cream the cream cheese and butter and beat on low speed until smooth.
- Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract. With the mixer still on low, slowly add the confectioners’ sugar and mix until smooth.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and garnish each with a piece of bacon.