I hope everyone had a delightful (and delicious) Labor Day Weekend. It is hard to believe that September is here, but lucky for us, this first week has brought with it some gorgeous Kansas weather. So, we are kicking off the week with our favorite snack-time, hiking-trip treat…Cranberry Nut Granola!
I am not kidding when I say that this particular granola is addicting. I literally had to hide a few handfuls from myself yesterday so that I would still have enough to take a few glamor shots.
This granola has a sweet kick to it with sticky honey and a handful of brown sugar mixed in with the tart dried cranberries. Throw in a handful of your favorite almonds and this is a delicious high-energy treat that will help you power through all of your activities. You can also add in different dried fruits and nuts or even a handful of M&Ms to make this granola your own! Sweet!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oil to med-high heat in a large skillet and add oats. Cook until starting to brown, about 5-6 minutes. Then transfer oats to a cookie sheet.
- In same skillet, turn heat down to medium heat and add butter and melt. Then add honey and brown sugar and stir together until all melted together and then stir back in the toasted oats. Cook for another 5 minutes or so and then pour mixture back onto cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, transfer to a large bowl and stir in almonds and cranberries. Store in an air-tight container and enjoy!
Source: Allrecipes Stove Top Granola