I love Fall. There is just something about the season that makes me smile. Perhaps it is the trees changing colors, the crisp air, the smell of freshly picked apples or just my favorite baking activities beginning again. So, to bring in the first day of Fall right, I decided to make this new recipe I stumbled upon. And guess what? I think it is the easiest recipe I have found to date. And, oh boy, it is good!!

Recently, due to our new early morning routine, I have taken up my coffee drinking habit once again (I like it better than the diet soda habit anyways). So, when I started to think about the perfect kind of treat that screamed Fall weather and sided perfectly with a hot cup of coffee…these are what I came up with: spiced pumpkin muffins. Yep, early morning perfection right there.

As for these lovely and delicious shots, you have to give it up to my husband, Jason – he can do anything, anytime, in any condition. Seriously, this man is amazing. He took these stunning shots while he was hooked into a backpack filled with chemotherapy which he has been given for the last 3 days! Can we say Superman?? He is doing very well by the way, besides a little fatigue he is handling each new drug with relative ease (as much as that can be said of a cancer patient). Thanks everyone for the continued support and prayers they have been much needed and appreciated. :)

So, make these Pumpkin Spice Muffins. Because it would just be silly not to…really, they take about 5 minutes to stir and another 12 minutes to bake….And. They. Are. Delicious. Enough said.

Enjoy!

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Ingredients:

• 1 box Spice Cake Mix
  • 1 (15 oz.) can Pumpkin puree
  • Note: Do NOT use eggs, water, or oil as suggested by box mix.

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 12 count muffin tin – either with non-stick spray or use cupcake liners.
  2. Mix pumpkin and cake mix until well mixed and then pour (half full) muffin tin cups. Bake for 12 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes clean.
  3. Remove from oven and let cool. Serve with cream cheese frosting for an extra yummy treat. Seal in an air tight container and store for up to a week or you can freeze these and reheat them for later too.

24 Responses to “Pumpkin Spice Muffins”

1. Becky M says:

This sounds delicious. I’m going to try it this weekend. Spice cake is one of my favorites.

I’m glad you’re finding some comfort in your early mornings.

2. Cassie says:

Delicious, Megan. This sounds perfect for early mornings with coffee. I don’t think I could give up my coffee! Still praying!

3. Bev Weidner says:

DE.LISH.

I could smear that muffin right in my face and be okay with life.

4. These do look like they’d be perfect with a cup of coffee! I’ve made brownies using brownie mix + pumpkin, but never tried that trick with a spice cake mix – great idea.

5. Becca says:

I love this recipe. I make these when I want quick muffins. You can also use a box of chocolate cake mix and add 1 can of pumpkin and dark chocolate chips (1/2 cup) and bake. They make wonderful chocolate chip muffins. :)

6. Where did you get the muffin papers? Those are so cute! Still praying.

7. Katie says:

These are my absolute favorite muffins! (and they also happen to be the easiest :) )

8. Urban Wife says:

I can’t believe how easy these are! Wow…I’m all about saving time in the a.m. when we’re headed out the door to work, but want a fresh, warm breakfast. Still praying fervently!!

9. Yum! This recipe sounds scrumptious. I am so glad fall and pumpkin is back. I am definitely adding this to my to-do list.

10. This looks delicious, got me craving for it. Love the photos.. so mouth watering :)
    feel free to stop by my site for a free giveaway :)

11. Stacey says:

Can I use a can of pumpkin pie filling? That is all I have on hand…

12. Becky M says:

My boys and I are making these right now (and I’m praying for you while we do so). Drew’s getting to mix the batter and Zach and I will go crazy with the star tip, pipping frosting all of them (and likely down each other’s throats). Thanks for sharing this quick recipe.

13. Rita says:

I’ve made these and they are good. How did you get the cute recipe card at the bottom? I love that feature.

14. These look so lovely! My mother-in-law’s specialty is mini pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and these remind me of them. Your husband is an incredible photographer and sounds like an incredible person. I wish you both the best.

15. Jodi says:

I’m recently married and always looking for a quick and simple something to cure a sweet tooth for us. Thank you for this recipe!

16. Michelle says:

I love anything pumpkin, but I only ever think of baking with it in the Fall. I really need to branch out! The pics are stunners. Your husband is talented!! Glad he’s doing well!

17. Eliana says:

Cannot think of a better way to start any morning. They looks so delicious and perfect for this time of year.

18. Laura says:

Could you mix in cranberries with this?

19. Hi Laura – Sounds like a great idea! I love cranberries. :) Let me know how it turns out~

20. Janie says:

Hi, I tried your recipe today (I’m bringing it to a bake sale tomorrow morning), and the bake time for me was about twice as long. I may have overfilled the cups, but I don’t think that would make a huge difference. They turned out fine, but I thought it was kinda weird that it took so long for me.

21. Hi Janie – Hmmm…that IS interesting. Guess I will just have to make these again and double check the time. I do remember thinking mine baked quicker than I thought they would b/c the box mix usually says the longer time. But, mine turned out baked through at the shorter time. I know my husband wouldn’t mind me making another batch…I will let you know how this next round goes! :)

22. raquel says:

Megan…tried these and they are YUMMY! Great job…and kuddos to the hubby for the pics!