With Halloween right around the corner, we decided to spend part of our Saturday afternoon carving pumpkins. So, of course, we had to do something with all of those delicious pumpkin seeds! We decided to do two different flavors for the day and cooked them in two different styles. The first batch was spiced with garlic and salt and baked for about one hour. The second batch was spiced up a little with Cayenne Pepper and baked for only 2o minutes or so. With a smiley faced pumpkin with tears and a not-so-spooky cat staring into the stars carved pumpkin, we are ready for our complex’s Halloween carving contest. My husband also got to walk around my parents house all afternoon and catch photos. He got some great shots of their puppies, which are pretty adorable. Go here to check them out, although I have to give warning – you may undergo cute overload…so beware.
- 3 cups of dry pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- a few pinches of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss pumpkin seeds in butter until covered. Then toss half in the garlic powder and the other half in cayenne pepper. Season with salt.
- Bake in oven 10-12 minutes until you reach the desired crisp-ness (I like slightly browned)