Notice: Undefined variable: content_end in /home/thefret3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-adsense-and-ypn/all-in-one-adsense-and-ypn.php on line 666
Welcome to my first installment of “HOW TO” Wednesdays! The next 4 weeks of “how to” will be on seasonings that you can make straight out of your cupboard to save you a little cooking time or spending money. This week is one of my favorites, Homemade Italian Dressing Seasoning.
I love making my own salad dressings. Not only can I make them just the way I want them to taste, but making homemade dressing also allows me to cut out extra salt and sugar found in pre-made dressings. I also love using fresh seasonings in so much more than salads. I add them to pasta sauces, marinades, casseroles, and crock pot meals all the time. I usually have a few already mixed seasonings that I will create in batch one day so that I have a reserve for when I need to make quick dinner. My favorites to have on hand are: Italian Dressing Seasoning, Garlic & Herb Seasoning (how-to coming soon), Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice (how-to is here!), and Homemade Enchilada Sauce (how-to is here!).
Italian dressing happens to be one of my favorite salad dressings and seasonings. Usually it is my “go-to” during the summer when we are cooking on the grill all the time. Just marinade a few chicken breasts overnight and *bam* you have a healthy dinner ready to be grilled up and eaten. I also love a salad with fresh greens and a few veggies and this is always my dressing of choice. So, here is “how-to” #1!!
What You’ll Need:
– 1 tbsp garlic salt
– 1 tbsp onion powder
– 2 tbsp ground oregano
– 1 tbsp parsley flakes
– 1 tbsp granulated sugar
– 1 1/2 – 2 tsp. salt (you can adjust to your own preferences)
– 1 tsp ground black pepper
– 1 tsp dried basil leaves
– ¼ tsp dried thyme flakes
– ½ tsp dried celery seeds
-For seasoning: You will need an airtight container to store seasoning until use.
-For dressing: You will also need 1/4 cup white vinegar, 2 tablespoons of water, 1/2 cup olive oil.
How To: Make Homemade Italian Dressing Seasoning
Makes approx. 4 ounces of seasoning
- Mix all of the spices in a small bowl until well mixed. You can taste test to made sure you have the desired amount of salt & sugar .
- If using as a seasoning for later use, store in the an air tight container.
- For making into salad dressing, mix together the dry seasoning with 1/4 cup white vinegar, 2 tablespoons of water, and 1/2 cup olive oil (you can substitute canola oil for olive oil). To make this really easy, add all of the ingredients into your salad dressing bottle & shake until well mixed.