Yay for guest posts! Today’s post comes from one of my super talented friends, Michelle. I still remember the first day she brought these toffee bars into the office, mostly because I couldn’t stop “visiting” to get some more! They are simple and delicious and very, very addicting! Thanks Michelle!
I love Fall. The air turns crisp and cool. The leaves on the trees turn amazing colors. Fall also means football. Lots of football. And while I love to watch my K-State Wildcats, what I love most is hanging out with my family and friends at a tailgate or watch party and eating all the wonderful football food! Everyone gets to bring something to share – a new recipe or a tried-and-true favorite.
One of my go-to sweet treats is chocolate toffee bars. And they are SO easy! I got this recipe from my mom who loves toffee and chocolate. With the sweet and salty combination from the saltine crackers and buttery brown sugar, this tasty treat goes fast!
- 1 sleeve Saltine Crackers
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 12oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a jelly roll pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Put the crackers salt side up on the foil in one layer, cutting pieces to fit so the bottom is completely covered.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar until boiling. Boil hard for 3 minutes. Do not overcook. Pour mixture over crackers and carefully spread out evenly.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 4-5 min. Watch very carefully because they can burn easily. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over warm bars. Once melted, spread the chocolate evenly over the bars. Let cool completely. Break into 3-inch pieces. Enjoy!