Dipping chips. Dipping bread. Dipping veggies. Dipping anything! I have to admit it, I love dips and spreads. I came across this cheese spread when I was in desperate need of something quick and yummy for tonight. With only 4 ingredients and a 5 minute prep time…I was sold! This tangy, zippy-to-make dip will delight your taste buds and your pocket book. Try pairing it with warmed pita bread or wheat crackers (or for a healthy snack some fresh vegetables).
Summary: A Greek dip perfect for pairing with, veggies, pita bread, crackers and salad!
- 1/3 Cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sun-dried tomato and basil pesto
- In a food processor, blend feta cheese, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, and sun-dried tomato pesto.
- Blend until completely mixed and smooth (about 3-4 minutes).
- Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with: veggies (I used carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli) or crackers. I think this would also be good to try with some warmed pita bread.
Calories: 76 / Total Fat: 7.1g / Cholesterol 22 mg
Cooking time (duration): 5
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): Low calorie
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: Greek
Source: Allrecipes.com contributed by ccandylland
The Fresh Fridge Tip: This spread gets stiff in the cool fridge, so leave it at room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving if you let it cool overnight.