I love spicy salsas. Not fruity ones. When I first heard about this salsa I was skeptical. Every fruit salsa I had ever tried was just that, fruity. But, wow, was I surprised! This salsa is tangy and spicy with undertones of peach to balance the flavor. Nice and fresh, I modified this recipe to make use of some different flavors and make the fruit taste a little more subtle. Even my husband, who swore this is one thing he was not going to like, admitted that he enjoyed it! And that is a win in my book. I hope you enjoy!
White Peach, Tomato & Arugala Salsa
Prep-Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 a pitted white peach, chopped into 1/3 inch peices
- 1 cup chopped flavorino tomatoes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped arugula
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 3 inch-long serrano chile, seeded, minced
Directions: Mix all in a bowl and serve. Season with salt and pepper as desired. (I didn’t use any and thought it tasted great)
Source: modified from Bonappetit.