Notice: Undefined variable: content_end in /home/thefret3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-adsense-and-ypn/all-in-one-adsense-and-ypn.php on line 666
Honey and Dijon Mustard are two condiments that seem to always be in high demand around here. We slather the two on sandwiches or pretty much anything else we can find. So, of course, combining the two into a delicious marinade was a natural choice!
I love this chicken with the honey dijon sauce because it is a super flavorful option when you are crunched for time (especially if you don’t have time to let the chicken soak in the flavors for a few hours). Paired with one of my favorite side dishes – garlic roasted broccoli, this meal is a formidable duo of deliciousness.
Honey Dijon Chicken
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 heads broccoli, separated into florets
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- To prepare Honey Dijon Chicken: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste and place in a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. In a small mixing bowl, combine the honey, dijon mustard, paprika, basil, and parsley – mix together until well combined (you can modify the honey/dijon ratio to your individual taste here, we added a little extra dijon b/c we like a less sweet taste). Pour 1/2 of the mixture over the chicken and brush to cover.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes, then flip chicken peices over and pour remaining 1/2 of the honey dijon mixture over chicken and brush to cover. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the juices run clear. (While baking chicken, use the time to prepare the broccoli). Let chicken cool while broccoli is cooking.
- To prepare Roasted Broccoli: Heat oven to 400 degrees after removing chicken. Prepare a large non-stick baking sheet. In a large bowl, toss broccoli with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic until evenly covered. (Tip: We use tupperware instead, close the lid and shake until all the ingredients are well incorporated) Spread broccoli onto the baking sheet in one even layer and bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until the florets are tender enough to be pierced through the stems. Serve with Dijon Chicken!
Source: Both recipes modified from Allrecipes.com