Notice: Undefined variable: content_end in /home/thefret3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-adsense-and-ypn/all-in-one-adsense-and-ypn.php on line 666
I have to admit, that this is probably my billionth post on a recipe with pesto involved. I must concede that I am pretty keen on the stuff. So, having had a long day of dreaming about one of my favorite comfort foods (pasta!), I decided to make a modified version of one of my favorites.
I actually think this recipe is almost so ridiculously easy that I feel a little guilty even calling it that. But, I love to share new food ideas about anything that tastes good so, we whipped out the camera for a few glamor shots before we sat down for dinner.
We used whole wheat pasta in this and garnished with freshly grated parmesan. I had some leftover heavy cream from making a bit of Butterscotch Rum Ganache, so I thought this would be the perfect way to use it all up. Just another yummy and quick pasta dish!
- 12 oz. whole wheat pasta
- 4.5 oz. Basil Pesto (recipe) or Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- Garnish: Grated Parmesan & Fresh Basil
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter over medium-low heat. Add pesto and stir until well incorporated. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Pour in creamy pesto sauce and toss until evenly coated. Toss in tomatoes, mix, and serve garnished with basil and grated parmesan.
Source: slightly modified from The Pioneer Woman