Recently, I came across an super healthy and tasty way to spruce up my drinks…Rosemary Flavored Ice Cubes! These ice cubes are super refreshing and a tasty alternative to a freshly squeezed lemon (which I find can be too acidic at times). The taste is almost minty with a slight lemon taste. I personally find it energizing to drink and since it is so easy, I highly recommend it.
- Rosemary comes from the Latin word Ros Marinus meaning “Dew of the Sea”.
- If you are a gardener, rosemary is very easy to grow AND it is pest-resistant.
- Rosemary is high in calcium, iron, and vitamin B6.
- It has long been believed that Rosemary improves your memory.
- Some studies suggest that carsonic acid found in Rosemary lowers the risk of strokes, Lou Gherig’s, and Alzheimers.
- Rosemary is believed to refuse to grow in evil people’s gardens. (Yikes!)
Thanks to Wikipedia for the fun Rosemary facts.
Rosemary Ice Cubes
How to: Chop Rosemary and place in ice cube tray. Add water. Freeze. Use ice cubes in water or iced tea.