I was going to make these for a certain celebration for a certain NCAA team who got knocked off last week. Sigh.
We fought hard, KU Jayhawks. But, wow VCU really did a great job last weekend.
So, instead these have become my amazing pick-me-up drink of choice for my tournament and lingering winter blues.
I actually made 2 versions of this drink. One with the juicy lemon-lime flavor that is so very yummy and featured below and a second, great for a tummy ache version, with some ginger green tea I had lying around.
I have always been obsessed with the Izzy juice drinks that are out and the nice sour and sweet flavors of the pomegranate with citrus and a little seltzer water makes these one of my new favorites.
I think they would be super cute served in martini glasses with sugar on the rims for a party (you could probably add a splash of vodka to make this a fun adult beverage too). I also thought this would be cool served with curly straws for a kid’s birthday party or in wine glasses for a sit down dinner party…so many possibilities!
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, + lemon for garnish
- 1 lime (+ 1 lime for garnish)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- seltzer water, for mixing
- Freeze pomegranate juice in ice tray over night.
- In a small sauce pan combine lemon juice and sugar and simmer until sugar is completely dissolved. Stirring frequently. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- For serving, dip each glass rim into water and then sugar, if doing sugar rims. Then, fill glass with 3-4 pomegranate cubes and pour 1/4 cup lemon mixture over cubes and top off each glass with some seltzer. Squeeze a few drops of lime juice in and stir gently. Garnish with lemon and lime wheels.
Source: from Food Network’s recipe for Pomegranate Lemonade Spritzers