Even though I can wake up early in the morning, I still have a hard time checking off all the items I have to get done before heading out the door…which somehow coincides with the magical disappearance of breakfast in my life. BUT…that has all changed! If you haven’t heard, September is officially National Breakfast Month. SO, I have decided to indulge myself in all of my favorite breakfast foods. With so many delicious breakfast options out there, it has been tough to limit myself to just a few faves. (I may have even snuck in a few breakfast for lunch, dinner, & snack time occasions…couldn’t resist!) When it comes to breakfast time, I have never been big on sweets in the morning. Even as a kid I would make myself turkey sandwiches instead of any sugary alternatives. And even as an adult I have a hard time downing a donut at any time of the day. But, that doesn’t stop me from consuming some scrumptious traditional breakfast fare. One of my absolute favorite dishes in particular for breakfast is scrambled eggs. (Getting a nice protein kick is always a nice start to the morning too!) So, after a friend of mine suggested making these on Facebook, I knew I had to try them out! These scrumptious eggs are scrambled up with baby bella mushrooms, spinach, and a sprinkle of cheese. And, my favorite part, they are super easy and take no time to make. Breakfasts made fast, easy, and delicious are my kind of style.
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup Baby Bella mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon diced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs together until well mixed. Then mix in the cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium non-stick skillet heat to medium heat. Add olive oil, mushrooms, spinach and garlic. Saute until the mushrooms are tender.
- Next add egg mixture to the skillet. Turn to med-low heat and mix eggs in with the spinach mixture. Cook until the eggs are fluffy. Serve with your favorite hot sauce!
The Fresh Fridge Tip: To make perfect scrambled eggs, here are a few tips – Allow eggs to warm up to room temperature before cooking; Crack eggs on a table surface instead of a bowl to prevent egg shell falling into the mix; Watch closely when cooking eggs to make sure the heat is not too high; Perfect scrambled eggs should have solidified, but not be browned, look for a glossy sheen.